Business Benefits of Outsourced IT Management in 2022
IT infrastructure plays a crucial role in today’s modern business environment. Nonetheless, not every business has access to the same experts, resources, and assets as others. Whether from the unavailability or less capital investment, some businesses lose out when it comes to a dedicated on-site IT team.
It’s for this reason that outsourcing is a conventional method used to fill IT employment gaps. Regardless of how big a business is, outsourcing managed IT enables businesses to provide services and expertise to their infrastructure.
Naturally, outsourcing managed IT services is an exciting prospect. It enables a business to stay on the cutting edge of modern technology while also ensuring that its data is safe. Understanding how outsourced IT management works and the benefits you could accrue from it is vital when making long-term business decisions. This post will outline some of the reasons for outsourcing managed IT in 2022.
Reasons Why Businesses Outsource Managed IT Support
There are numerous reasons to invest in managed IT services, but here is an outline of the top five benefits of outsourcing your IT support:
1. Cost Savings
Lower operational costs is the foremost reason why businesses outsource managed IT services. According to a Deloitte report, cost reduction continues to be the key reason for outsourcing in 2022.
When it comes to the IT needs of your business, you can opt to allocate resources to train someone on your team who has some computer literacy. Even so, this person may not have the proper experience or the know-how compared to an expert. And when attending to your IT needs, they may not be able to perform their tasks as is required.
Full-sized in-house IT teams can be expensive given that technology tools don’t come cheap, not to mention that IT expertise is expensive. By outsourcing managed IT, businesses can save on overheads as they need not spend huge expenses on technology or infrastructure to add value to their business.
2. Better Security System
According to a recent IBM study, the cost of data breaches rose from $3.86 million to $4.24 million. Besides the cost factor, failure to safeguard your business from cyberattacks can hurt your relationships with clients. For instance, studies have found that 85% of customers would stop engaging with a company if they have security concerns. On the other hand, 49% of consumers would increase the patronage of a company because they trust it.
Businesses need to stay on top of cybersecurity threats, and what better way of doing that than by outsourcing an expert-managed IT team? Outsourcing IT teams usually require that their personnel be familiar with the latest security advancements. Most of these companies also offer data backup and restore options, thereby providing additional disaster recovery protection should your data become corrupt due to an internal error or any other factors.
3. Gain Essential Functions
When you think of outsourcing, what comes to mind is people. Even so, third-party IT providers also have options for essential services such as security monitoring and data storage. Perhaps you’re looking to utilize virtualized software but lack the resources to do so. Depending on the IT provider you choose to outsource from, you can integrate these services into your infrastructure.
4. Expert-level Support
Partnering with an experienced managed IT provider enables you to work with experts who are on top of the latest developments in several IT fields. Their expertise enables you to enjoy the quality IT support your business needs. An effective managed IT service provider will be able to attend to all your IT issues promptly, thereby reducing downtime and disruption in your business. This positions your business to get more work done with minimal interruptions.
Besides the expert-level support, outsourcing your managed IT services can help your team free up internal resources so that you can focus on other important processes and key functions that can add more value to your business.
As a business expands, so do its resources. Managing such an immense amount of data requires advanced IT solutions. Meeting the demands of such scaling can be challenging, especially when it comes to rapidly growing businesses.
Partnering with a robust managed IT services provider can provide you with great support in your scaling endeavors. Managed IT services help businesses stay productive both in high demand and in fluctuating scenarios.
What Does an Outsourced Managed IT Support Do?
There are a number of services that outsourced managed IT can provide. And while not all IT providers will cover all these elements, here are some of the things that outsourced IT can do for your business:
- Security and compliance: They can enforce organization-wide security policies, improve auditing practices, establish and manage multi-factor authentication and firewalls, and roll out configurations that follow cybersecurity best practices to ensure that your business is secure.
- Device inventory management: They can manage comprehensive hardware and software information to help with determining purchases and how devices will be used.
- Network and server management: An outsourced IT team can remotely manage entire networks, remedy outage-related downtime, offer dynamic network monitoring, ensure that business operations are running smoothly, offer hardware recommendations, among other things.
- Backup and recovery from disaster: They can back up your data as a precautionary, manage disaster recovery, and develop effective strategies for a solid recovery plan.
- Cloud and applications management: They can orchestrate and automate software deployments, secure your SaaS apps, and set up and manage file-sharing privileges.
- Data monitoring insights: A managed IT service provider can help you get full access to reporting dashboards that highlight the relevant information. They can also identify trends and vulnerabilities within your organization.
- Virtualization: An outsourced IT team can help automate operations to reduce operational costs, increase the availability and performance of resources, and make it easier and more affordable to manage your business.
On-Site Computers Outsourced IT
Don’t wait until you have an issue with your IT to contact the best-in-class IT support. Partnering with the right IT support team saves you time and resources and helps ensure that your operations are running smoothly. On-Site Computers is your go-to service provider. IT powers business, and On-Site Computers powers it. Contact us today.
Thanks to Holden and the team at GenerationIX for their help with this article. Check out more about their managed IT services in Los Angeles.
Mike Bowe | Published on January 16, 2022