Does Your In-House Tech Team Lack the Technical Expertise Required to Meet the Needs of Your Business?
Technology is rapidly evolving and getting integrated into the business environment. These changes have led to an increase in demand for technical experts in the market. For a company to keep up with these technological changes and remain relevant, it requires an exceptional IT department to integrate these technologies into its systems to facilitate improved customer service, system security, sharing and recovery of data, and enhanced security.
Most small businesses relying on a small IT department often find themselves lacking expertise. This lack of knowledge leads to inefficiency in business operations. This inefficiency in company operations leads to reduced productivity, waste of time, loss of revenue, diminished service delivery, increased security risks and prevents you from focusing on the business’s core services. Do you feel like your IT department doesn’t have the expertise to leverage technology to your company’s advantage?
Small and medium companies that lack the financial capability to hire professional IT experts continually find themselves trapped with an IT department that lacks the expertise required to counter the advancing technological world. This expertise gap puts them at a disadvantage in their respective industries.
What Can You Do?
If you’re thinking of improving the level of expertise you have, you may decide to do one of the following things:
- Train Your Employees: As a company executive, training your employees on relevant skills to your company is an option. However, this is an expensive and time-consuming affair, and time and finance are luxuries that your businesses may not have.
- Outsource The Expertise: This is the most convenient way of accessing technical expertise.
Outsourcing IT Services
By outsourcing IT services, you delegate your IT infrastructure to a third-party firm. With companies trying to keep up with the latest technology, the demand for outsourced IT support is rising. According to statista.com, the global managed IT services market is predicted to be valued at more than 300 billion US dollars in the next few years.
Managed IT services provide two types of IT services:
- Fully Outsourced IT Services: You entirely delegate your IT infrastructure to a third-party organization.
- Partially Outsourced IT Services: The IT company’s team works hand in hand with your in-house IT department.
Outsourcing IT support gives you the advantage of getting access to the technical expertise you need without the hassle of hiring a full-time IT department. Depending on your company’s IT needs, you may decide to either replace your internal IT team or complement it.
Benefits of Outsourcing IT Expertise
- You Get Access To High Levels Of Expertise: Compared to an in-house IT department, most outsourcing IT companies are known to hire technical experts and provide them with comprehensive training and certifications for professional growth. The team of experts will also offer your company years of experience in using a range of technologies and ensure that you can get assistance whenever you need it.
- You Get Access To The Latest Technology And Services: An IT support company gives you access to the latest technology, without you necessarily purchasing the programs, therefore, allowing you to remain relevant and competitive in your industry.
- You Get Cost-Effective IT Expertise: Compared to hiring, training, and maintaining a full-time IT department and paying their salaries, outsourcing is much more cost-effective. When you outsource your IT services, you leave the training, management, and any other aspect that comes with hiring employees to your IT support provider.
- Your IT Costs Are Predictable: Most IT support providers charge companies a fixed monthly fee for services rendered. This monthly rate offers companies high predictability in terms of IT expenses and helps lower overall IT costs.
- You Can Easily Scale Your Company: With an IT company, you can increase your workforce with ease if you plan to expand your business. You can also reduce your workforce if you’re scaling down business operations. Consulting an IT company offers your company the flexibility of switching to new services that will meet your current IT needs.
It is vital for companies that lack the technical expertise to consider outsourcing expertise.
Are You Thinking Of Outsourcing IT Support?
At On-Site Computers, we offer years of experience in providing high levels of expertise to businesses in Minneapolis-St Paul, Grand Meadow, and Kasson. We also provide reliable and cost-effective computer services and 24/7/365 network support and monitoring to help your business remain competitive.
Consult with us today and get the relevant expertise and customized IT solutions that fit your business’s needs.